As an essential member of our healthcare team you will play an impactful role offering support, compassion and encouragement. When you help someone during mealtime, you play a role in helping them get better and contribute towards the prevention and treatment of malnutrition.
Training is required and provided for you.
The Mealtime Assistant volunteer should:
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills
• Make a regular commitment of time
• Be comfortable in a healthcare setting
• Be flexible, patient and willing to adapt to health care routines and procedures
• Be friendly and have a positive attitude
• Be able to keep confidentiality
• Be committed to work as a team member
• Have the ability to receive and follow direction of assigned duties and be supervised by
designated department staff
• Have a clear understanding of all aspects of feeding assistance (Mealtime Assistance
• Enjoy working with others to enhance their quality of life
• Be observant, persuasive and tactful
• Be non-judgmental, tolerant, trustworthy, dependable and supportive
• Respect all individuals and provide assistance only as needed
• Be safety conscious at all times
• Be able to problem solve, and be open to new ideas
• Be open towards helping others in the spirit of volunteerism
Three Hills Health Center
Application to register can be completed at
or Contact Linda Krieger - Coordinator - Volunteer Resources
Linda.Krieger@ahs.ca for more information.
Minimum of one meal per week.
Linda Krieger - Coordinator, Volunteer Resources